Thursday, 18 September 2008

getting settled

We finally have permanent Internet at our house in Dublin. I have just been using the Internet at work. It took over 40 days to get the Internet going... so don't complain about bell or rogers until you have tried Smart telecom. Anyhow, now that we are setup it seems good.

Things are going well for me. Microsoft is an awesome company to work for. My days are quite happy there. I especially enjoy the games we play when we are not working. I've started playing Foosball with my coworkers and its very fun. It's such a strange working environment because there are games everywhere - pool tables, Foosball tables, ping pong, Nintendo wii, xbox, etc.

It's funny at work to walk by someones desk and see them playing a video game... but they are actually working. They may be testing that game or writing new levels for it, etc.

Julie is not enjoying her job and is looking to move into a different career. She has aspirations of becoming a university professor and wants a job that will give her relevant experience that will count towards that goal.

Nick, I, and some others have formed an idea board. We are writing down all the best business ideas we can and then commenting on each others ideas. Most of our ideas are for new software that we should develop but lots of other non software ideas in there too. It's actually going very very well. We are coming up with some TOP notch ideas. I look forward to the day when we pick the best one and then implement it.

A Hollywood actress named Charlize Theron is moving very close to us in Dublin. Hopefully we run into her at the supermarket.

Julie & I are planning our 1 year anniversary in Paris, France in early October. The plane tickets return were only sixty euros.

that's all for now
--Ben

No comments: