The Internet is like a Cat D8 bulldozer.
Real life is like a hand shovel.
It's insane how powerful the Internet is and how slow real life is.
Not to say I love being in the cab of my bulldozer all day. More often than not, I want to get the hell out of my bulldozer and use my hand shovel. But my bulldozer is just so insanely powerful and I am a very skilled operator.
I can make money, meet friends, meet the opposite sex, work, play, research, etc. All of which I have done too.
Our eBay sales saw over $50,000 wired into our accounts. I met my wife there. I have made real friends there. I do most of my work there. Every computer program I have ever written for work or school has been influenced by the Internet.
The problem I have is that I spend all my time on this damn box. It's so powerful it sucks me in.
Sure there are lots of great ways to get off the Internet, but my life is just getting going and I need the power of a bulldozer right now.
Any thoughts?

No comments:
Post a Comment