Saturday, 13 June 2009

updates

Hello everyone,

The big news is that I got my green card to work in Ireland for another year. I will not be required to leave Ireland during processing which is huge. The lawyers at Microsoft are amazing for making this happen. From this point on, the process will be much simpler and I will not need lawyers anymore. This entire process has caused me to lose sleep on many nights and I will be very happy when its all over. there is just one last step which I hope will go flawlessly. I just need to register now with immigration on June 24th when my old visa runs out and my new one kicks in. After that, I hope to sleep like a baby.

Julie's visa however will be a bit more complicated. Julie is allowed to stay in Ireland because we are married. But, for each job she gets, she must apply for a work permit which is a 2 month waiting period. Luckily she will be going to school in September which means she will have a student visa which allows her to work up to 20 hours per week without any of that hassle.

Julie has lots of news too. She finished her teaching English certification and will be teaching English in Spain for the month of July in a teen summer camp environment. I hope to visit her in Spain during the last few days she is there.

In September Julie will be taking her masters in Modern European cultural history for 12 months.

Last week Microsoft took us out for paintballing and gokarting. It was good fun. There are a few pictures here. The paintballing was an urban setting which is different than I am used to but still very fun. Microsoft even paid for extra paintballs if needed.

My job is still going well. My boss still likes me and is happy with my performance.

I'm now player 3 games of soccer per week. This third game I am in is much more competitive and I realize my Canadian upbringing makes it tough to compete with the Irish in a European game. I think I'm getting better but only time will tell.

I miss everyone from back home, so please feel free to send me lots of emails, facebook messages, pictures, blogs, etc.

No comments: