On Tuesday Microsoft invited me in for a 6th interview (yes you read that right, #6) to read and write some code. I read the code very well, but I thought I wrote some very bad code. As I was walking home from that interview, I thought I blew it... I thought there was only a small chance I would get the job because the code I wrote wasnt very good.
but somehow, I got the job!
Yipee... Microsoft has offered me a software test position in the mac group! It should be lots of fun and I will get some great experience out of this role. Mac, windows and Unix experience as well as more automated scripting experience. The salary is good too. I start with 25 vacation days! that's 5 solid weeks of vacation plus stat. holidays.
Microsoft has lots of other perks too... they have all the standard stuff like health care, pension, etc... but also stuff like subsidized cafeteria, discounts on bus & rail transportation, and I think they even have free sodas!
I am looking forward to playing some soccer (football) and Foosball with the company... sounds like they have games going on almost every day.
They are letting me choose my start date. Julie & I will likely take advantage of this gap to travel a bit. Not sure exactly where yet. I will likely start in 2 weeks from today.
On the 24th we move out of this tiny apartment we have into an awesome place downtown. I can't wait to get out of here. Our house right now is basically 1 big room... A house should have more than 1 room... its just not right to have anything less.
Julie is doing a test right now for a temping agency. Its testing her fluency with MS office. Don't tell anyone, but I've helped her on a few questions :)
I will post more pics soon.
--Ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fuckin-A!! Congrats, mate. Be sure to make a blog post after your first day. And before you know it, we'll have you running a Mac as your primary machine!
Sweet!
Great news Ben. I'm really happy for you!
Post a Comment