Monday, 24 August 2009

Last years goals and the results

It's time to review the goals that I set out last year. Here they are and how I did:


1. Get maximum performance bonus from Microsoft for doing outstanding work. Work towards a management position.

Result: Nailed this one. I got an A+ grade at work and as a result I received a nice cash and stock bonus.


2. Learn Spanish
Result: I failed at this. I could make excuses, but I just don't have the drive right now to pursue this goal. Other goals were more important.


3. Have no retail debt (Canadian or Euros) and have 10,000 Euros in the bank or in stocks.
Result: We did it! This was a massive goal. I had $18,000 CAD retail debt 1 year ago. Through a series of miracles (including the large bonuses as a result of achieving goal #1) we hit this target! It's an incredible accomplishment.


4. Take a 3 week, action packed, trip to Thailand
Result: Still in the works, this one could take awhile longer though. Although, we have travelled over the last year to Bulgaria, Paris, Prague, and Madrid. I'd say that's pretty damn good.


5. (sorry, #5 is private)
Result: I hit this goal as well!


6. Play soccer and/or Gaelic football twice or more per week
Result: I hit this goal as well!


7. Visit Family (including Ted & Aba) for 2 weeks around Christmas
Result: I hit this goal as well!


8. Reward yourself with an awesome smart phone and service when Goal #3 is completed
Result: This will come soon enough, unfortunately goal #3's money is tied up in pension, stock, and other monies that will "eventually" come. I think I will do this when we have 10k euros in the bank.


9. Work from home at least 2 days per week.
Result: This goal didn't work out as planned at all. Working from home isn't necessarily a good thing. Sometimes its far better to work in the office. I now live within walking distance from work and I simply prefer to work at the office.


10. Read at least 3 books per month
Result: While I didn't read 36 books this year, I did listen to a hell of a lot of audio programs that were highly stimulating. I would consider this goal about 70% hit.


11. Create & maintain friendships while doing all of the above.
Result: I am happy with the group of friends and acquaintances we have collected :)


Wow! What a year. The law of attraction is an amazing thing. Many of those goals were stretch goals that I thought would be quite tough to pull off, but I did it! I am very happy with what has been accomplished and I am not sad about what has not been accomplished.

Now, I will have to come up with some even more ambitious goals for myself. Who know what adventures are in store next year. I will post my new goals soon here.

I appreciate everyone reading my goals because it holds me accountable for them and it strengthens the law of attraction.

2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

Atta boy Bowse! A solid year, and a great set of accomplishments for you.

Ronster said...

Fantastic, Ben!!

You are the man!

Love, Dad