So I had my interview for my own job on Thursday. I was one of the first of the testers to be interviewed. I prepared for days for this 1 hour interview. I gathered lots of work related stories on projects that I'd worked on that went well, were challenging, etc.
It's a shitty situation when you are competing directly against your peers at work, but that was the situation and I think we all made the best of it. The day of the interview reminded me in a weird way of working on December 24th in that no one on the test team did any real work. We all just sat around and chatted about this whole process and about how nervous we all were.
I felt fairly confident going into the interview. I had done my homework, I had reviewed my notes, I was dressed nicely, and my health was good.
The interview itself was pretty typical. "Tell me about yourself"; "Describe a situation where you..."; etc.
In the end the interview went for about 45 minutes. I got a good feeling from it, but not an excellent feeling. The interviewers seemed fairly impressed with my work, but I had a bunch of good stories and experiences that I didn't get to mention.
I think I have a strong chance of getting a position on the new team at work. Mostly because I found out that 55% of your scoring is based on your annual performance reviews which I did perfectly on. So I am already at the 55 yard line right from the get go and since my interview went well, I think I should be fine.
Thanks for all the support. I will let you know on December 11, whether I'm in or out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck Bowse! Just tell them you're a Bailey. Doesn't that count for something in Ireland?
Well done, Ben
Love, Dad
Post a Comment